Library Management system is developed using PHP and MYSQL Database. This web application is built in order to manage all library-related operations such as managing books and readers of the library. The usage of the software can be categorized into two sections i.e one for the students and one for the librarian (admin). The home page of the system features a slideshow, announcements of the library(news), a gallery section of images, and a footer. There are two main users of the Library Management System In PHP, which are admin and students. In short, the administrator of this system has the ability to manage all users and library resources. Students can see announcements and login to borrow books available in the library. This project is available along with documentation(Report).
About the Software
As mentioned above, there are two main users of this software. The first one is admin which is responsible for all management functions. Being an admin, he/she can make announcements and news related to the library and can manage the announcements made by them. Admin can add new books in the library along with the book details like name, category, publisher, author, ISBN number, book availability status, and a contact number. and these books can be made available to be borrowed by the students. Admin can update the library announcements and books as well as admin can add new students in the library. Once a new student is added they are considered library students and can borrow books and perform other library-related tasks.
On the other hand, students are the second main users of this software. As a student, they can log in to the software with their credentials. Students can see the list of all available books in the library. Students can borrow the books of the library as well as they can see the fines list to make sure they are not being fined if any rules violation. When a student borrows a book for a specific duration, they need to return the book before the due date. If not, the fines only apply when a student borrows a book and then fails to return it before the due date. Students can check the fines list in the library management software fine page option.
Features of Admin:
- Admin can make announcements and news related to the library.
- Admin can manage the announcements made.
- Admin can add new Books of the library so that students can see and borrow the books. The fields and details that can be added with a book are (book name, author name, ISBN no, book copies, publisher, Category, book availability status, and a contact number.
- Admin can update the library announcements and books,
- Admin can add new students to the library. Once a new student is added they are considered as library student and can borrow books and perform other library-related tasks.
- Admin can see the number of books borrowed by the students with their details.
- Admin can also make fines according to the library rules and regulations.
- Admin can easily view and edit or delete the number of administrative users.
Admin Home Page(Screenshot)
Features of Student:
- Student can login with their credentials as s student
- Student can see the list of all available books of the library.
- Students can borrow the books of the library
- Students can see the fines list to make sure they are not being fined if any rules violation.
To run the software, you will need to download XAMPP or WAMP server on your PC. First download and setup your own local server then download the zip file. Unzip the .zip file using any zip programs such as Winrar or 7Zip. After extracting, copy the project folder to the “C:/wamp/www/” or “C:/xampp/htdocs/” destination folder. After you are done, open your browser and type the URL for example. localhost/inventory-management-system.
If you didn’t understand the installation and setup process, follow this video:
- Download and extract the files in your directory
- Make a database name ‘library_db’
- Import the database file(.sql) located on the project folder.
Make sure to read the file located inside the project folder
FIND MORE on this site.
DOWNLOAD Library Management System In PHP With Source Code FOR FREE